More about this career
- Establish design guidelines, standards and optimal design practices
- Maintain the appearance of Web sites by applying content standards
- Designing visual imagery for Web sites and ensuring that it is consistent with the organization image
- Integrate features and functionalities into Web sites
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Test and improve the design of a Web site
- May lead and coordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or graphic design or completion or a college program in computer science, graphic arts, or Web design is required.
- Experience as a graphic designer is usually required.
- Internet site designer
- Intranet site designer
- Web designer