Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
More about this career
- Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing clients
- Identify and solicit potential clients
- Assess clients' needs, recommend or assist in the selection of appropriate goods or services, and negotiate prices or other sales terms
- Provide input into product design where goods or services must be tailored to suit clients' needs
- Develop sales presentations, proposals, or other materials to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Estimate costs of installing and maintaining equipment or service
- Prepare and administer sales contracts and maintain customer records
- Consult with clients after sale to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support
- Troubleshoot technical problems related to equipment
- Develop and maintain technical product or service knowledge to explain features to clients and answer questions about goods or services
- Develop, implement and report on sales strategies to achieve business goals
- Assess market conditions and competitors' activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends
- May offer training in the operation and maintenance of equipment
- May supervise the activities of other technical staff and sales specialists.
- A university degree or college diploma in a program related to the product or service is usually required.
- Fluency in a specific foreign language, and/or foreign work or travel experience may be required for technical sales specialists seeking employment with companies that import or export technical goods or services.
- Experience in sales or in a technical occupation related to the product or service may be required.
- Technical sales supervisors require experience as a technical sales specialist.
- A driver's licence and a good driving record may be required.
- Aircraft sales representative
- Communication equipment sales representative
- Construction equipment sales representative
- Electricity sales representative
- Heavy equipment sales representative
- Industrial supplies sales representative
- Medical instruments sales agent
- Software sales representative
- Technical sales representative
- Technical sales supervisor
- Technical support specialist - wholesale trade
- Sales engineer