low demand career
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Supervisors in electronics manufacturing supervise and coordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, test, repair and inspect electronic parts, components and systems. They are employed in electronics manufacturing plants. Supervisors in electrical products manufacturing supervise and coordinate the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect electrical components, appliances, motors and industrial equipment. They are employed by companies that manufacture electrical products.
More about this career
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers who assemble, fabricate, inspect and test electronic and electromechanical assemblies, subassemblies, parts and components or activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect various types of electrical apparatus and equipment such as electrical appliances, batteries, electric motors, transformers and generators and electrical switchgear and control equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and coordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies and recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure safety rules and regulations are followed
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of related helpers and labourers
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Post-secondary education in electronics, electrical or manufacturing technology or a related discipline is usually required for some positions in this group.
- Several years of experience as an electronics or electric assembler, fabricator, inspector, tester or lead hand are usually required for some positions in this group.
- Assembly and testing supervisor - electronic equipment manufacturing
- Communications equipment assembly supervisor - electronic equipment manufacturing
- Electrical appliance assembly foreman/woman
- Electrical appliance assembly supervisor
- Electrical equipment manufacturing supervisor
- Electrical motor assembly foreman/woman
- Electrical transformer assembly foreman/woman
- Electronic assembly foreman/woman
- Final assembly and testing foreman/woman - electronic equipment manufacturing
- Printed circuit board (PCB) fabrication foreman/woman - electronic equipment manufacturing
- Production supervisor - electronics manufacturing
- Switchgear assembly foreman/woman
- Systems test foreman/woman - electronic equipment manufacturing