Software developers and programmers
More about this career
- Design, write, read, test, and correct code for new software
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part
- Program animation software to predefined specifications for interactive video games, Internet and mobile applications
- Write, modify, integrate and test software code for e-commerce, Internet and mobile applications
- Develop, implement, modify and maintain gameplay features that integrate effectively into existing software
- Write documentation for new and updated software.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering or in another discipline with a significant programming component or completion of a college program in computer science or related field is usually required.
- Progression to software engineer is possible with experience.
- Application programmer
- Computer game developer
- Electronic business (e-business) software developer
- Interactive media developer
- Multimedia developer
- Software developer
- Software development project manager
- Software programmer