Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services
More about this career
- Establish objectives for the company and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall personnel planning
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff
- Coordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Represent the company, or delegate representatives to act on behalf of the company, in negotiations or other official functions
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in trade, broadcasting or other service are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
- Cleaning service general manager
- Department store president
- Engineering vice-president - television broadcasting services
- Finance vice-president - food wholesaling
- Hotel chain regional vice-president
- Marketing vice-president - grocery store chain
- Operations vice-president - radio broadcasting services
- Professional sports club chief financial officer (CFO)
- Restaurant chain corporate controller
- Travel agency chief executive officer (CEO)