Graphic arts technicians
More about this career
- Review the graphic designer's instructions
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering and colour harmonization, using a computer
- Produce computerized images and drawings
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment
- A college diploma in commercial or graphic arts, computer graphics or animated design is required.
- Experience or training in multimedia design at a post-secondary, college or technical institution may be required.
- Creative ability and artistic talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.
- Animated cartoon technician
- Animation painter
- Computer graphics technician
- Graphics technician
- Multimedia graphic design technician
- Animation camera operator
- Poster painter