Business systems specialists
More about this career
- Confer with clients to identify and document requirements
- Analyze information systems processes, and propose customized solutions to improve performance and efficiency
- Design, develop, integrate, test and implement information systems business solutions
- Provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery
- Act as a liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Conduct tests to ensure the reliability, accuracy, and functionality of system changes and enhancements
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or a related discipline or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
- Business systems analyst
- Business systems consultant
- Information systems business analyst
- Information technology (IT) business analyst