Supporting successful entry into the workforce
ICTC's Pathways to Employment for Newcomers provides newcomers with the opportunity of a six-month paid work placement and includes business skills development training.
ICTC's Pathways to Employment for Newcomers program connects internationally educated IT professionals with Canadian employers. The program helps employers strengthen their workforce resources in the digital economy by providing a 70% wage subsidy (up to a maximum of $15,000) and provides newcomers with valuable Canadian work experience and access to foundational and work-ready e-learning courses.
The training component includes:
- Access to ICTC’s skills-matching tool
- SCRUM fundamentals
- ICTC Coach Connect job readiness, including resume review, one-on-one coaching, LinkedIn profile guidance, interview tips and techniques
- Industry coaches to provide mentorship
- Agile Industry Mindset (AIM)
- Learning Plan with Employers
Many employers retain the participants on the payroll after the wage subsidy ends.
- You are a Newcomer to Canada (landed in Canada within the last five years)
- You are a Permanent Resident of Canada or Canadian Citizen or a person for whom refugee protection has been granted under the Immigration Refugee and Protection Act and are legally entitled to work in Canada
- You are unemployed or underemployed at the time of the application
- You can work full-time (students or returning students are not eligible to apply)
- You can commit to completing the six-month program
- You hold a diploma or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field.
- You have a language level of CLB7 or higher
- You cannot already be employed by the employer applying for a wage subsidy
To learn more about the Pathways to Employment for Newcomers program or for application assistance, please email @email.