Supporting successful entry into the workforce
ICTC's Pathways to Employment for Newcomers provides employers with six months of wage subsidies for hiring newcomers into digital economy jobs.
ICTC's Pathways to Employment for Newcomers program connects internationally educated IT professionals with Canadian employers. The program helps employers strengthen their workforce resources in the digital economy by providing a 70% wage subsidy (up to a maximum of $15,000) and provides newcomers with valuable Canadian work experience and access to foundational and work-ready e-Learning courses.
The training component includes:
- Access to ICTC’s skills mapping tool
- SCRUM fundamentals
- ICTC Coach Connect job readiness, including resume review, one-on-one coaching, LinkedIn profile guidance, interview tips and techniques
- Industry coaches to provide mentorship
- Agile Industry Mindset (AIM)
- Learning Plan with Employers
Many employers retain participants on the payroll after the wage subsidy ends.
- You are a registered business or not-for-profit organization
- You are hiring for a digital economy job
- You are willing to provide a work-integrated learning placement for internationally educated IT professionals
- You are hiring the participant as an employee on payroll (not as a contractor)
- You abide by the employment standard legislations of your province or territory of business
- You have Comprehensive Liability Insurance
- You offer a minimum annual salary of $45,000 per annum
- Your candidate cannot be currently employed by you prior to application to the program
- Your candidate is not to start work until the final contract with ICTC is signed
- Your employment offer letter identifying the salary and duration of work must match the ICTC contract
To learn more about the Pathways to Employment for Newcomers program or for application assistance, please email @email.