When & where
Who it's for
- Employers in the digital economy sector
Supporting women in leadership positions and promoting gender equity
ICTC’s Ambassador Program helps women advance in the digital economy and provides employers with practical tools to create gender-inclusive organizations.
ICTC's report Gender Equity in Canada's Tech Ecosystem explores the state of gender equity in tech and highlights that women make up only 21% of ICT roles in Canada, despite making up 47% of the total workforce.
Low gender diversity in tech points to systemic barriers, notably related to biased hiring and recruitment processes, as well as workplace policies that favour male culture (only 32% of the report's surveyed organizations characterized their workplace culture as supportive to women).
This research sets the foundation of ICTC's Ambassador Program, which aims to increase gender diversity in Canada.
The Ambassador Program includes:
- An assessment tool to help organizations customized a plan to improve gender equity
- An online hub of resources to guide organizations in developing gender-inclusive policies and procedures
- Concrete strategies and practices to support, attract, and retain gender-diverse employees
- Expert-led in-person and virtual conferences, workshops, and networking opportunities
- Senior leaders in the tech industry and gender equity support groups sharing workplace stories and lived experiences
- Coaching and mentorship for women by key industry champions who have business and women-empowerment acumen
- Networking opportunities across Canada’s tech ecosystem, connecting people who are committed to actionable changes in gender equity
Eligibility criteria for employers:
- You are a registered Canadian business or not-for-profit organization
- Your company is in the digital economy sector and/or offers tech-related roles
- You are based in Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, or Quebec
ICTC's Gender Equity report is available here.
Employers participated in in-person regional events
Ambassadors enrolled in this program
"The Toronto conference was excellent! The speakers came from diverse backgrounds and brought something unique to the conversation. As an HR professional in tech, I left with some great ideas. Thanks for the experience!"
— Melissa Ward, Manager, Talent & Culture at ThinkData Works
"This was an excellent session. The overview of the valuable research collected was very informative, and the panel discussion period was filled with relevant and important content. Thank you!"